We opened on Monday August 10.
We have been having a lot of fun these first 4 days.
I must thank several of you, but particularly Simon for all the work he has helped me with on the floors over the last couple of weeks and for opening this morning.
We have a new 4.5 from B.C., Jacob who also came in one day at 7 to help.
A couple of the courts still need work. Felix is going to try with our new heat gun and rented tile roller. If it doesn’t work he will replace the court covers.
Come out and enjoy the courts before the fall rush hits.
We will be reopening The Progress Pickleball Club Monday August 10. In the beginning it will be opening Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
We have already purchased a few hundred dollars of PPE products and feel we will continue to do so.
Our fees will have to increase:
- There will be a $25.00 annual membership fee due no later than September 1. This is an annual fee that will renew each September 1.
- The drop in fee will be $4.00 for members and $8.00 for guests.
- Guest will be limited to 5 visits per year.
- Monthly rates while we remain at 5 days per week will be $40.00.
- When we return to 7 days the 7 day rate will be $50.00. This is for unlimited play during opening hours.
We have much to learn about opening safely. For the time being:
- Masks or face shields must be worn in club at all times when not on the court.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
- We will be limiting the number of people allowed in at one time to 30 people. Members, obviously, will be allowed in first.
- Each person must have their own paddle and ball.
- You will use your own ball to serve and no one else is to touch it with their hands. Use your paddle or your feet to return ball to server.
- Clean your ball and your hands after each game.
Apparently there is a Pickleball product store that wants to come in on opening day with a big sale of equipment. Felix has not shared the name of the store and I am unsure of time. Will announce shortly.
Progress Pickleball will be able to reopen when the government allows Toronto to go into stage 3.
We now have at least 3 volunteers to open and/or close on a regular basis. I know there are many more of you out there.
We invite volunteers to a meeting at The Corner Bank's patio. This is at the North East corner of Warden and Ashtonbee. The date is Tuesday July 28 at 2:00 PM.
We will have some recommendations regarding safety measures. We should also discuss opening and closing times.
If you'd like to volunteer to open or close the club on a regular basis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. And if so, also indicate if you'll be attending the meeting.
The club is now available for singles if you book a court with Felix.
To play doubles you will have to wait for stage 3 of the reopening in Toronto. You will have to wear masks.
I have trouble shopping with a mask, let alone playing Pickleball.
To open Progress Pickleball as a drop in club as it has been, Felix will require someone to come in and set up in the morning.
I am sorry, but I will not go to an inside gym of any kind until there is a vaccine for this pandemic.
I am more than willing to help with organizing whatever you want to do and give recommendations on safety guidelines. I have some supplies that I will be returning to the club shortly.
I really enjoyed my time there, but I have a large household I must consider.
I understood from Felix that we could open for doubles next week. Apparently I was premature. We have to be in Stage 3 for doubles.
As per this website post, our club is still only open for singles, drills and doubles from same household. Please contact Felix at the number in that post to book courts.
Sorry for confusion, but that is how I read his note.
Felix has received notification that we should be able to reopen Progress if we wear masks. This means that our club can start next week at our normal hours.
Unfortunately, I will be unable to be there on a daily basis. I am caring for a minimum of 2 and as many as 6 grandchildren daily. I will not risk exposing them. But I will assist as much as possible.
During times in the past when I was unable to open, many volunteers stepped up to help. So please, if you are able to open the club, let us know.